Arantxa Tapia Otaegi
Minster for Economic Development, Sustainability and the Environment
Minister Arantxa Tapia leads a department assuming five out of the ten goals of the Basque Country government established for this legislature by president of the Basque Country Iñigo Urkullu:
• Bringing unemployment down to below 10%.
• Exceeding 40% of GDP in industry and advanced services
• Achieving convergence in R&D with the European average
• Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 30%.
• Ensuring that the share of renewable energy accounts for 20% of
the final energy consumption.