Open Government Directorate – Lehendakaritza, Basque Government, (hereinafter Irekia), whose postal address is at Calle Navarra, nº 2, 01007 Vitoria-Gasteiz and email address is email@example.com
Your can contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the following address or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Irekia registration process?
Irekia has established a two-step ("double opt in") user verification procedure in order to obtain the express consent of the user by means of sending an email with a link to the email address provided by the user. The user then has to click on the link. Irekia will only register and process the data of the users who have given their express consent by using that system.
What personal data does Irekia process?
The personal data that Irekia obtains when you give your consent are as follows:
- Email address
- Name and surname(s) or alias
- Post Code
- Information on the browser, operating system and public IP
- As applicable, comments and proposals made.
- Subscription to the newsletter.
In the case of registered journalists, the following in addition to the above:
- Media outlet or blog
- URL of your personal blog or website.
- Receipt of the day's event schedule.
What data does Irekia make public?
Irekia as a transparency, collaboration and participation platform only publishes the name and surname(s) or alias of the users who have made a comment or proposal, along with their participation history, and the other data remains in its private area.
For what purpose will we process your personal data?
Irekia will perform automated processing of your personal data in order to comply with the prerogatives of open government: transparency, participation and collaboration. The data is therefore processed for the following purposes:
- Citizen participation in the action of the Government by means of the published Government proposals.
- Made comments on the published news items.
- Submit petitions to the Government for its consideration or make comments on other petitions.
- Sending out a newsletter.
For how long will we store your data?
Storage periods: Irekia will store the personal data from the moment that the users provide their consent, until they leave, so request or withdraw their consent to their data being processed by Irekia. The newsletter that Irekia sends out also offers the option for the interested party to cancel their subscription at any time. Irekia will only keep the applications to register with the platform for 10 days if those individuals have not proceed to verify their accounts (make sure you check your spam folders, errors when giving your email, etc. so you can correctly verify your Irekia registration).
Withdrawal of consent: The registered users are entitled to withdraw their consent at any time, without that affecting the legality of the processing based on the consent prior to it withdrawal.
To which other recipients will your data be disclosed?
Irekia may disclose your personal data to organisations linked to preparing projects on citizen participation and transparency in public affairs, along with other departments of the Basque Government or dependent public institutions in order to be able to respond to your question, proposal or comment made in Irekia. Only the name, surname(s) or alias set up by the users when registering with Irekia will be disclosed.
International data transfers are not envisaged.
What rights do the citizens have and how can they exercise them?
Users can exercise their relevant rights in this regard by means of the form available on the Irekia portal for the registered users, or by writing to the Irekia postal address or to any of the email addresses indicated in the heading of this legal notice. If you opt not to use the form, you will need to include a photocopy of your ID card or other similar identification document to request the exercising of the following rights:
- Right to request access to the personal data: you can ask Irekia if it is processing your data.
- Right to request their rectification (if they are incorrect) or deletion.
- Right to request the limitation of their processing, in which case the data will only be kept by Irekia to lodge or defend claims.
- Right to object to the processing: Irekia will stop processing the data in the form you indicate, except when the data has to continue to be processed on compelling legitimate grounds or to lodge or defend possible claims.
- Right to data portability.
Furthermore, Irekia has established in its profile a system to facilitate the exercising of those rights.
Irekia and the social media
Models, forms and more information about the aforementioned rights: Official website of the Basque Data Protection Agency
How to file a claim with the Supervisory Authority: if anyone believes that there is a problem with the way that Irekia is processing their data, they can address their claims to Irekia, to the data protection officer (DPO) of the Basque Government or directly to the Basque Data Protection Agency.