The Basque Youth Observatory, of the Department of Employment and Social Policies, is presenting the Europe Destination Guide 2017
June 12, 2017
- Offers more than 2,500 links to online and web resources for easier travel, language learning, volunteer experiences or vacation jobs in Europe
With the aim of informing Basque Youth interested in traveling to a European Union country to have an experience of work, study, learn languages or spend a vacation, the Basque Youth Observatory, Department of Employment and Social Policies Basque Government, has edited the “Destination Guide Europe 2017” with multiple resources to learn for free by practicing more than one hundred languages online with a community of speakers from more than 200 countries or chat and practice pronunciation.
According to Ander Añibarro, director of Youth of the Basque Government, "in this sixth edition the Basque Youth Observatory has had, as in previous years, the international mobility expert Antonio Rodríguez, who in this update has incorporated 424 new references. With 2664, we already have the active links to web pages that we have compiled and ordered so that no one misses an opportunity”.
"What is found in the Destination Guide Europe 2017? ... everything that is of interest to our youth", says Añibarro. The section "How to look for work in the EU offers information on the European mobility portal EURES, coordinated by European Commission, as well as a comprehensive compilation of European job portals, portals by profession, employment resources for young people and web pages to look for work country by country.
What are you going to find in the Europe Destination Guide 2017?
- HOW TO FIND A JOB IN THE EU provides information on the European Job Mobility Portal, EURES, coordinated by the European Commission, in addition to a comprehensive collection of European employment portals, portals classified by professions, employment resources for young people and websites where you can look for a job country by country.
- WORK DURING YOUR HOLIDAYS: Do you need to work this summer? We shall provide links to many sites that offer jobs on cruise ships, in tourist entertainment, hotels, theme parks, adventure sports and even on farms.
- “AU-PAIR”: Everything you need to work as an au pair abroad. Documentation, resources, contracts and offers.
- LEARN LANGUAGES: Courses, scholarships and grants, as well as a list of agencies dedicated to combining language learning and employment, internships and all kinds of activities. We recommend the "Languages and Employment" section and a special section if you want to teach Spanish in Europe.
- STUDYING IN THE EU: Comprehensive description of the possibilities of training in another European country, approval of qualifications, including the new European professional card, as well as educational mobility programmes that allow you to study abroad on scholarships.
- SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS: The largest collection of scholarships in European and international institutions as well as a scholarship and internship search engine in public and private institutions. There is also a list of internships in international agencies divided by sectors. Access to the more than 200 European companies where you can apply for an internship.
- In addition, you will find a chapter dedicated to the European ERASMUS+ programme, which includes Erasmus scholarships, student mobility, youth exchange programmes, the European Voluntary Service, language support...
- And another focused on VOLUNTEERISM, WORK CAMPS and YOUTH EXCHANGE PROGRAMMES with a wide range of possibilities and information on the European Voluntary Service so that you can become a volunteer in only 6 steps.
- And if what you want is to TRAVEL, you have all the practical information you need; resources for travelling, apps and tourist information, flights and cheap accommodation, tourist guides and information on your rights and how to assert them.
This guide is a tool that complements the work performed by the professionals in youth services and in Youth Information Network offices in the Basque Country.