Ikerbasque Research Fellows Call 2014 for postdoctoral researchers
CALL DEADLINE: 31st March 2014, 13:00 CET
Ikerbasque, the Basque Foundation for Science has launched a new call for researchers wishing to come to the Research Institutions in the Basque Country.
These Fellowships are intended to offer young promising researchers a track towards a PI role and independent research.
- The applicants must have their PhD completed between 1/1/2004 and 31/12/2011. This eligibility period will be extended under special circumstances such as maternity.
- 5 years contract. Researchers in their 4th year can apply for the Ikerbasque Research Professor call to be eligible for a permanent position.
- Support letter from the PI of the host institution/department/ group is mandatory. If the group belongs to UPV/EHU, the letter should fulfill the model established by the university (available here). Please check this point with the hosting group.
- This call is cofinanced by the 7th Framework Programme of the European Commision; at least 75% of the positions will be awarded to candidates who meet the Marie Curie international mobility criteria, meaning the applicant has not lived, worked or studied in Spain for more than 12 months out of the three years immediately prior to the time of application.
- Researchers with a permanent position in the Basque Country are not eligible under this call.
- Candidates can only apply to one of the annual Ikerbasque calls, Research Professors or Research Fellows.
- Further details about this call and Evaluation Process are available in the Call Specifications.